Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Show Hope




Thanksgiving is already TOMORROW!! I wanted to take a minute from all the preparations and excitement to really think about what I am thankful for. Chocolate, Fuzzy Socks, A big cup of coffee and a good book.... I do love all of those things but what I am most thankful for is my amazing family. I look back on my life and realize how many amazing memories I have with my family, whether that be summers at the lake house with 20+ people, competitive card games that last into the later hours of the night or just the fact that I have had an army of supporters and motivators behind me for my entire life. 
   What would I do without all of these wonderful people? I am so grateful for each and every one of them, they have all contributed to a pretty amazing life. I get to spend Thanksgiving Day laughing, eating, playing....but I can't help but think of the millions of children without families on this day.
 My family is the one thing I could not live without yet there are over 140 million orphans
around the world that don't get to experience the love of a forever family. 
That breaks my heart into a million little pieces. 
In 2012 I had the opportunity to travel to Maria's Big House of Hope in China with the amazing non-profit organization Show Hope. There I was lucky enough visit the most precious children I have ever encountered...and they were all orphans. I've had a heart for orphan care beginning in high school but ever since I held those children in my arms, not a day goes by that I do not think of them. I see there faces at night and hear their adorable little laughs. I came home to America and was greeted by my loved ones at the end of that trip, but all those children were still there, still waiting for their forever families. Show Hope is an amazing organization, one that provides Adoption Financial Grants to adoptive families and they have also established Special Care Centers like the one I visited, for orphans with special needs. Everyone can do something, donating money, spreading the word, bringing a waiting child home!
Mary Beth Chapman says it best. 
" Not everyone's called to adopt, but everyone's called to do something"





A link to make a donation to Show Hope here: Donate

No comments:

Post a Comment