Friday, October 2, 2015

Short Hair Style Tips



Favorite Brush // Powder (for volume) // Hairspray //  Dry Shampoo // Texture Spray (for texture, duh) // Teasing Comb (added volume) // Curling Iron (1 inch)

So...super recently I decided to chop a huge chunk of my hair off. It was liberting, my hair has never felt so healthy! It also takes a hot second to style it in the morning which makes me crazy happy. I wanted to share the products that help me make my effortless waves & prolong the hair style for up to three days. Yes...as in I do not wash my hair for three days. It is actually not good to wash your hair everyday, it can strip your hair of its essentail oils and make your hair more dry. I swear by dry shampoo over here!

Steps;

1. Not pictured...but I start by spraying my entire head with Big Sexy Hair spray. Just a light mis and then I use my +WetBrushCO brush to get rid of any tangles...you will be messing up your hair at the end of this styling so make sure all tangles are out now. I find this step helps to hold the waves a little better for me. If your hair struggles with holding a curl try this tip!

2. no shower...no problem. Just kidding...I even put this in my clear hair for a little more volume. I spray this dry shampoo into my roots and I keep the bottle about 6 inches from my hair. I work this in with my fingers to get rid of any white residue. 

3.. Next I tease the back of my hair to give it some volume...this teasing comb is my favorite

4. I take random sections of my hair and wrap them around this curling iron or a wand...I don't see too big of difference in my curls so it is really just whatever iron I pick up that day. I wrap about a one inch section of hair around the barrel leaving out the bottom inch or so of hair. This is the part that gives you more of that beachy wave look. It also keeps your ends from the heat which is great for you girlies like me who are prone to damaged hair!

5. Next I sprinkle this Big Sexy Hair powder onto my like crazy. I work this into the roots pushing up against them to create more volume. 

 6. The last step is my favorite. I am crazy about this texture spary...be wary however, a little goes a long way. I spray this all over my head and then mess up all of the curls that I just made to get a messy beachy look. 

This hairstyle is super easy, and looks good on everybody. Tell me what you think of these products after you try!

XOXO, CAIT

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these wonderful tips. They are really useful! I`m about to get my pixie cut, but I`m still hesitating what to choose. I have found such a cute source with hairstyles , so I don`t what to stop at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, these tips will be extremely useful for me when I get a short haircut. I have a round face and I never thought that short hair will suit me. But I found this post with short hairstyles for round faces and now I am definetely going to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Fashion blog and very creative thanks for such a nice and simple information

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes sense because statistics tell us that well over 90% of hair loss is caused by Dht shampoo androgens, and genetics. I get a lot of questions asking if daily shampooing helps or if there are any shampoos that are really able to work on DHT. I'll tell you my take on this on the following article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tips on caring for Afro and African American hair during the winter months. Keep your hair healthy and moisturised during the cold weather. Best Flat Iron for Thick Hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are the best hair extensions? Buying good quality hair extensions can be extremely confusing, difficult and time consuming, and buying the wrong type or overly processed or treated hair can prove to be a very costly mistake. With more and more women around the world loving and sometimes needing the help of extensions, I felt it more important than ever to explain the fundamentals, of buying quality hair extensions, to help women be more informed and able to understand the hair extensions industry, in order to make informative choices and to stop losing money and... 美发

    ReplyDelete