Friday, January 25, 2019

BOOK REVIEW!

I have always always been a big reader. I was one of those people that waited in line for the new Harry Potter books, the Twilight Saga...and the Hunger Games. I love to get lost in a good book and read all the time!! I get asked all the time from family and friends for a book recommendations so I thought why not do a blog post every once in a while on what I have read recently!!



On another note...these leopard joggers are the softest things EVER. I have been living in them!!

So here you are! The last 8 books I have read! In no particular order EXCEPT for where the Crawdads sing which was my absolute favorite. 

1. Where the Crawdads sing
I cannot say enough good things about this book. I completely fell in love with the main character Kya.YOU WILL TOO!!  She is a super intelligent girl who lives in a Marsh on the North Carolina coast. The story is actually a murder mystery but you will just be so intigued by Kyas life you will never want this book to end.








2.The Perfect Nanny
I am actually reading this book right now and even though I have not finished it I knew it had to make the list. This book is beyond disturbing and I almost had to put it down after the first couple pages....but I made it through and now I cannot put it down. The book starts with the family nanny killing the two small children. GULP as a new mom this is why I almost didn't get through it....It is definitely an unusual story but a great book so far!!




3. The Woman in Cabin 10
This is about a journelist who gets to go on a luxury cruise in exchange for her review. Lo the main character witnesses a murder while out at sea but nobody believes her becuase all passengers are accounted for.... I really did enjoy this book but I disliked the main character so much! She annoyed me with her overly anxious personality....but the storyline was good and I didn't expect the ending!




4. The Woman in the Window
Another title with " the woman in.." I had to check the book to make sure I wasn't confusing this with the one above. haha! I just saw that they are turning this book into a movie also...so make sure you read it quick because we all know the book is ALWAYS better. This book is about a woman who spends all of her time in her house...drinking too much wine and spying on her neighbors. She witnesses a murder and much like the above book...nobody believes her. I DID NOT expect the ending of this one and stayed up until 2am reading!!




5. Little Fires Everywhere
This was SUCH a good book!! The story is about a Cleveland picture perfect subburb and the people who live there that also try to appear perfect. This illusion is disturbed when Mia an artist and single mother moves into town with her daughter. The story follows how Mia disrupts the typical way of life in this area. I loved it!!




6. The couple next door
The characters in this book really annoyed me. Typically if I do not like the female protagonist in the book... I am not going to like the book as a whole. This is a story about a wealthy couple who have plans to attend a dinner party at their neighbors home...last minute their babysitter cancels on them and the husband convinces the wife that the baby will be fine if they check on her every thirty minutes. The baby of course (eyeroll) gets kidnapped and the story unfolds from there.



7. A stranger in the House
This book was great and totally had me on the edge of my seat. It takes a completely unexpected turn and is super suspenseful. The husband in the book Tom comes home from work one day to find that his wife is not home and seems to have left in a hurry. The police then show up and tell him his wife has been in an accident...she wakes up in the hospital aparentely unable to remember anything.. The story unfolds from there and is SO suspenseful!



8. Behind Closed Doors
AHH! Ok so I have such mixed feelings about this book. It's another one that is just dark and disturbing but once you are into it you can't stop. I read this on our babymoon in Hawaii and it just kind of left me feeling icky every time I would stop reading it. That could be a sign of how much it can suck you in though!! This is the story of a seemingly perfect couple...they are the envy of all of their friends but there is something super creepy that is going on behind closed doors....





XOXO 
CAIT

No comments:

Post a Comment